Notes for the past 2 weeks might still make it online, or not. But here is what we did last night:
1. Start with the Dancing Cossack, which is beautifully taught here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGnQ99bkHqA
I don’t know this teacher, but to give credit, I learned this for Gwyn of ZenThai who you all need to meet!
2. From Cossack, go into side position with the inseam of your downleg on their back belt line. Lean forward, hold their thigh with your thigh/rib and pull UP and back. This is tricky.
3. Wrap hands around hip and swivel back and forth, use your hip in the same way to allow the leg to move with the hip.
3. Apply trigger points on outside of hip bone. Use weight into thumbs, go straight down. You will know when you are on it. For more on TP go here or to triggerpoints.net, especially this link: http://triggerpoints.net/triggerpoints/glut-min.htm
5. Put hands on either side of body and go in circles in the direction of digestion, channel some heat to tummy.
6. Sink into QL with thumbs. Again, no pressing. All leaning in, slightly more each time with exhale. Option, hook hand together under body and lift up (with legs) to stretch the QL the other way.
7. Extend QL with on hand on ribs, holding, and the other on hip tugging, gently, down.
8. Reach up to shoulders and lean back, if you want hook hand into triangle at neck. Lean back.
Here is a video of the first part of that, I will work on getting better video clips to share here!
Remember, you can never start to slow or too gently, and it is always your weight, not force that works.
And, of course, we ended with the chant. Which is getting better!